Also in PDF version
What Information We Collect
- Personally Identifiable Information:
- Personally identifiable Information (“PII”) means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, email address, a home, postal or other physical address, and phone number. We collect PII from you when you sign up for The Pill ClubServices.
- Non-Personal Information:
- In order to provide our Services to you and improve The Pill Club experience, we may also collect non-personal information such as mobile device IDs, internet protocol (“IP”) addresses, web browser information, referring page URLs, and data related to your interactions with our App and Website.
- Health and Medical Information:
- To be able to fill and dispense your medications, we also collect some medical information from you, your doctor, and your other pharmacies. Medical information collected includes things like your physician’s name and address, insurance information, prescription information, non-prescription drug information, medical diagnostics, and medical history. The collection and use of your health information is addressed in our HIPAA Policy and our Notice of Privacy Practices.
- Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Technologies:
- Location Information.
- When you use our App, we may collect and store information about your location by converting your IP address into a rough geo-location or by accessing your mobile device’s GPS coordinates or course location if you enable location services on your device. We may use location information to improve and personalize our App for you. If you do not want us to collect location information, you may disable that feature on your mobile device.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information that we collect to provide you our Services, including but not limited to, the filling of your prescriptions, conducting pharmacy consultations, providing information about your drugs, setting reminders to take your drugs, giving health and service recommendations, displaying personalized health notifications, marketing and advertising products and services, and identifying adverse drug interactions. We monitor the patterns of usage on our Website and mobile App and use any feedback you give us to identify ways to improve the user experience and improve functionality.
We use your information to communicate with you through our app, text messages, emails, and in certain situations by phone call. It is important for us to be able to contact you in order to keep you updated on any issues with your prescription, your doctor’s instructions, or your insurance. We may also send you notifications related to prescription and order status, delivery confirmations, security alerts, app updates, new services, and other administrative messages.
What Information We Share
- Information Shared to Perform Services.
- As described in our HIPAA Policy and Notice of Privacy Practices, we may share your information with your doctors or other health care professionals involved in your care or treatment.
- Information Shared with Service Providers
- We may share your information with third party business associates that we contract with to perform various services (for example, server hosting, billing, etc.). The information we share with business associates is limited to that information needed in order for them to provide the contracted services. Also, each business associate is required under our contracts with them to protect your personal and medical information, and not to use it for any reason except as necessary to provide the contracted services.
- Information Shared with Third-Parties.
- We may share your aggregated information and non-identifying information with third parties to conduct on-going quality improvement activities, or for industry research and analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes.
- Required Disclosures for the Protection of Others.
- We may disclose your information in situations where it is required (or if we believe it is required) by federal, state, or local law. We may also disclose information in response to a court order, subpoena, discovery request, or other request in connection with a judicial or administrative proceeding or from a law enforcement official.
How to Modify Your Information
You can access and modify the PII that you provide to us by logging into your account on the App and selecting your profile from the menu.
Security of Information
Your account information is password-protected for your privacy and security. The Pill Club safeguards the security of the information you provide to us with physical, electronic, and managerial procedures. In certain areas of our Website and App, we use industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (“SSL”) technology to encrypt data and enhance the security of data transmissions. While The Pill Club is committed to protecting your PII, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us, and so we urge you to take every precaution to protect your PII when you are on the Internet. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
To further protect your privacy, you may choose to stop receiving marketing or promotional emails, direct mail, phone and mobile marketing communications from The Pill Club
Children and Data Privacy
Our Website, App and Service do not target and are not intended to attract children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly solicit PII from children under the age of 13 or send them requests for PII. If we learn that we have collected PII of a child under 13 directly from that child we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
Notice for California Users and Residents
Under California Civil Code Section 1789.3, California users are entitled to a specific consumer rights notice. If you have a question or complaint regarding our Website, please send an email to email@example.com. You may also contact us by writing to 411 Borel Ave, Suite 100, San Mateo, CA 94402. California residents may reach the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs may be contacted in writing at 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, California 95814, or by telephone at (916) 445-1254 or (800) 952-5210.
Under California Civil Code Sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask for a notice identifying the categories of PII which we share with certain third parties for direct marketing purposes under certain circumstances and providing contact information for such third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please submit a written request to: 411 Borel Ave, Suite 100, San Mateo, CA 94402.
Do Not Track Signals
Our Website does not have the capability to respond to "Do Not Track" signals received from various web browsers.