👋 Say hello to Annovera
The first vaginal ring that lasts all year*
- One ring for an entire year, which means it’s washable and creates less packaging waste
- Annovera is as effective in preventing pregnancy as the pill, if used correctly
- One of the lowest hormone doses on the market
- Soft, flexible, comfortable, and controllable
More about Annovera
- What is it: Annovera is a small silicone ring. It’s soft, easy to insert, and contains enough birth control medication to last an entire year (13 cycles). Most women report they don't feel Annovera once it’s in place.
- How it works: The ring is placed inside the vagina and remains in place for 21 days. While it’s in the vagina, medication is slowly released. After those 21 days, the ring is removed for 7 days. During those 7 days, a withdrawal bleed occurs that’s similar to a period.
- What’s in it: Annovera contains both estrogen and progestin, two female hormones. The estrogen prevents ovulation, while the progestin changes the lining of the uterus and thickens the cervical mucus to prevent sperm from joining with an egg.
- One of the lowest estrogen doses: The amount of estrogen is very low at 13 mcg per day, much lower than most birth control pills that contain estrogen.
- Skipping your period on Annovera hasn’t been approved by the FDA.
FYI, Annovera will need to be shipped overnight…
And it will require a signature for delivery. This is because the ring can’t be exposed to extreme temperatures that might occur in your mailbox. If you need more privacy, your Annovera ring can be mailed to your workplace or alternate address, as long as someone can sign for the package.
We send your birth control prescription in an envelope without any logos or company info. The return address simply states “TPC” so nobody will know what’s in your discreet care package. As a member, you’ll be texted your next delivery updates and can keep track of them on your personal account page.
Pill Club doesn’t recommend Annovera for people who:
- Should not take birth control containing estrogen
- Are smokers over 35 years old
- Are breastfeeding
- Have bleeding in between their regular menstrual cycle
- Have recently had or plan to have major surgery
- Are over 35 years old and have migraine headaches
- Have migraine headaches with aura
- Have been unable to move their limbs for more than 48 hours during the last month due to injury or medical condition
- Take medication for Hepatitis C
- Have a body mass index (BMI) over 29, which indicates obesity
Stop using Annovera immediately and seek emergency medical attention right away if you experience any of the serious symptoms below.
- Abdominal pain (severe, upper right side)
- Chest or arm pain (severe), shortness of breath
- Headaches, especially those that are new, severe, associated with dizziness, fainting, difficulty speaking, numbness or weakness in arms/legs
- Eye problems, blurry vision
- Swelling/redness, severe leg pain
- Suicidal thoughts or thoughts to harm oneself or others
The acronym ACHESS may help remind you:
Please remember to seek emergency medical care for any of the above severe situations.
Possible common side effects of all combined hormonal birth control include irregular bleeding / breakthrough bleeding, nausea / vomiting, abdominal discomfort, breast tenderness, headache, weight changes, acne, contact lens intolerance, depression / mood changes, yeast infection, possible vaginal irritation, and vaginitis.
These side effects often improve and disappear after 1-3 months of use. For a complete list of risks, see this page
Please Note:Annovera is a new medication. If you're prescribed Annovera, we'll reach out to you periodically via email to learn more about your experience with this new form of birth control. Please contact us at any time with questions.
If you experience any side effects, please text or call us at 44872 or at (772) 217-4557 Remember to call 911 or go to the nearest emergency department first if you experience severe side effects.
*For each cycle, ANNOVERA is inserted and left in place for 21 continuous days and then removed for 7 days.